|A Touch of Dead|
|Publication date||Oct 6, 2009|
|Previous book||Dead and Gone|
|Next book||Dead in the Family|
Fairy Dust is a short story and extension of the "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" series found in A Touch of Dead. It introduces another Sookie fairy cousin Claude, and the deceased third triplet Claudette.
- Note: Claude and Claudine are recurring characters in later books of the series.
In Fairy Dust, Sookie is asked to use her psychic power to investigate the murder of a local fairy named Claude. When she goes to Claude and Claudine's home in Monroe, she finds three people bound up in the house. Everyone involved (except Claudine) is associated with Hooligans, an exotic dancing establishment. Claude, who dances, tells Sookie that they believe that one of the people murdered their triplet Claudette while she was working at the club earlier that night. Claude explains that Claudette came to her siblings in spirit form to tell them of her death. Using her telepathy, Sookie interviews each suspect to discover the guilty party...
- Sookie Stackhouse: Human, telepath and barmaid of a local bar.
- Bill Compton: Vampire and Sookie’s former boyfriend.
- Ben Simpson: A blond man that works at Hooligans as an exotic dancer. He explains that his stage name Barry Barber and that he enjoys shaving clients. Had a relationship with Claudette but was angry with her because she told him that he was inadequate in bed.
- Rita Child: Current owner of Hooligans. Disliked Claudette.
- Jeff Pocket: Bouncer at Hooligans. Former lover of Claude, he hated Claudette for telling Claude to end the relationship with him.